Industry’s Most Deployed Controller
Cost-effectively manage and secure your wireless networks with the Cisco 5500 Series Wireless Controller. Automated wireless configuration and management functions give you more visibility and control. The 5500 Series is designed for high-performance wireless networking.
Features and Capabilities
- High-quality mobile experience: Efficient roaming capabilities help ensure a consistent user experience on any smart-mobile device with voice and video applications.
- Reliability: The controller provides industry-leading IPv6 roaming with secure access.
- Software license flexibility: You can add additional access points as business requirements change.
- Versatility: Supports advanced services for campus and branch networks.
- OfficeExtend facilitates secure mobile teleworking.
- Enterprise Wireless Mesh solutions allow access points to dynamically establish wireless connections in hard-to-connect locations.
As a component of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network, the controller provides real-time communication between Cisco Aironet access points, the Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS), and the Cisco Mobility Services Engine. It delivers centralized security policies, wireless intrusion prevention system (IPS) capabilities, RF management, and quality of service (QoS).
To help ensure an exceptional end-user experience on the wireless network, the Cisco 5500 Series provides a variety of capabilities:
- Integrated CleanAir technology protects 802.11n performance by enabling a self-healing, self-optimizing wireless network.
- Cisco ClientLink technology optimizes mixed-client network capacity by helping ensure that 802.11a/g and 802.11n clients operate at the best possible rates.
- The Cisco Identity Services Engine provides a single, centralized point of management across wired and wireless networks. Enterprises can adapt to the exponential growth in mobile smartphones, tablets, and laptops by providing secure and relevant access for employees, guests, and contractors.